Rye Neck Middle School
Middle School Hours
7:50 a.m. Doors Open
8:30 a.m. Classes Begins
2:45 p.m. Dismissal
Rye Neck Middle School has the essential elements of a highly successful school. Grades 6-8 are organized around an inter-disciplinary team structure that facilitates common planning time and results in an integrated structure. The close-knit staff and balanced program create an environment that promotes successful adolescent development and academic success.
Special features of the Middle School are:
Regents level science and math coursework (Grade 8)
- Science Olympiad
- Science and Technology Fair
- LOTE (Languages Other Than English) Instruction (Grades 6-8)
- Guidance services include character education (Grade 6) and interdisciplinary and developmental guidance (Grades 7-8)
- School-wide enrichment model: Project Based Learning courses and extracurricular opportunities
- Academic intervention services
- Extracurricular drama, and music events
- After school clubs, including Student Senate and an online school newspaper
- Modified sports (Grades 7-8)
- School-wide anti-bullying program
- Extended Day after school academic support
Rye Neck Middle School offers full breakfast and lunch service, including daily meal specials and a la carte items. Students may use cash or pre-pay money into an account, enabling them to use their student IDs as debit cards. For more information on Food Services, please visit the Food Services page.
The Teacher Webpages provide our Middle and High School teachers, parents, and students with an easy way to connect and communicate with each other. Teachers may use Teacher Webpages to post Homework Assignments, Class-related Resources, and their Contact Information. To access Teacher Webpages, click here. An alphabetical list of all the MS/HS teachers will open. Select a teacher and click on Assignments or your preferred feature.
Rye Neck Parent & Student Portals
eSchoolData Parent Portal and Student Portal are available for your use. Some of the
features in the Portals are: the ability to view grades, print Progress Reports,
Report Cards and unofficial Transcripts, as well as the ability to view
Student Schedules and attendance. First time users will need to set up an account. Once your account is approved, you will receive an email notifying you of your approval. Portal requests for new accounts are reviewed daily. If you do not receive an email within a few days of applying, please email Cole Conte firstname.lastname@example.org
Both the Parent Portal and the Student Portal can be accessed through the District website homepage tabs. If you prefer to access it directly through your web browser, please use the following URLs:
Progress Reports and Report Cards
Rye Neck MS and HS will post all Progress Reports and Report Cards online via the Parent and Student Portals. Paper copies will not be sent home, unless a written request is received. If you need a paper copy, please email Cole Conte at email@example.com
In Case of Absence
- Parent or Guardian is required to call the school by 9:00 a.m. each day of absence or lateness to indicate the reason for the absence/lateness.
MS/HS Attendance Office: 777-4882 (24 hr. phone line)
- F.E. Bellows Nurse: 777-4610
- Daniel Warren Nurse: 777-4210
- A note, signed by the parent or guardian, indicating the number of days absent, dates, and reason for the absence, must be brought to the teacher or homeroom teacher upon returning to school.
- An absence from school WITHOUT a note is an ILLEGAL ABSENCE.
Students must report to the school Attendance Office immediately upon arrival with a note signed by a parent or guardian indicating the reason for lateness.
All library databases are available 24/7. To use, go to Libraries on the Rye Neck website http://www.ryeneck.org and use the logins and passwords provided from school. Login/password sheets are also available in the library.
Visitors are welcome at RN Middle School. It is important, however, that an appointment be made first with Dr. Eric Lutinski.