Rye Neck High School
High School Hours
8:31 a.m. - First Period Begins
9:12 a.m. - Second Period Begins
9:53 a.m. - Homeroom Begins
2:48 p.m. - Dismissal
Rye Neck High School is a National School of Excellence, offering students a comprehensive and challenging college preparatory program. Students are supported by a skilled and talented faculty. Individual student schedules are designed to develop self-directed learners who are equipped with 21st Century skills.
Special features of the Rye Neck High School are:
- Nineteen advanced placement courses that include English, history, world languages, calculus, statistics, computer science, biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science, psychology and the arts
- Special program partnerships with local colleges for theater and languages
- An elective program including courses in computer science, journalism, digital media, theater arts, instrumental and vocal music, and video production
- Three world languages: French, Italian, and Spanish
- Annual international school-sponsored student trips
- Regents sequence in the Arts with concentrations in Music, Theater and Studio Art
- Independent Learner Program, Science Research in cooperation with SUNY Albany
- State- of- the-Art Fitness Center
- Senior Intern Program
- NYS Bar Association’s Mock Trial competitions
- Video and television production center
- School and community service programs
- Full range of interscholastic athletics, spanning three seasons
- Award-winning theater and music productions
- Extended Day Program for academic support
Rye Neck HIgh School offers full breakfast and lunch service, including daily meal specials and a la carte items. Students may use cash or pre-pay money into an account, enabling them to use their student IDs as debit cards. For more information on Food Services, please visit the Food Services page.
In Case of Absence
A parent or guardian is required to call the school by 9:00 a.m. each day of absence or lateness to indicate the reason for the absence/lateness.
MS/HS Attendance Office: 777-4882 (24 hr. phone line)
• A note, signed by the parent or guardian, indicating the number of days absent, dates, and reason for the absence,
must be brought to the attendance office upon returning to school.
• An absence from school WITHOUT a note is an ILLEGAL ABSENCE.
Students must report to the school Attendance Office immediately upon arrival with a note signed by a parent or guardian indicating the reason for lateness.
The Teacher Webpages provide our Middle and High School teachers, parents, and students with an easy way to connect and communicate with each other. Teachers may use Teacher Webpages to post Homework Assignments, Class-related Resources, and their Contact Information. To access Teacher Webpages, go to the Staff Directory. An alphabetical list of all the MS/HS teachers will open. Select a teacher and click on Assignments or your preferred feature.
Rye Neck Parent & Student Portals
eSchoolData Parent Portal and Student Portal are available for your use. Some of the features in the Portals are: the ability to view grades, print Progress Reports, Report Cards and unofficial Transcripts, as well as the ability to view Student Schedules and attendance. First time users will need to set up an account. Once your account is approved, you will receive an email notifying you of your approval. Portal requests for new accounts are reviewed daily. If you do not receive an email within a few days of applying, please email Matt Madera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Both the Parent Portal and the Student Portal can be accessed through the District website homepage tabs. If you prefer to access it directly through your web browser, please use the following URLs:
Progress Reports and Report Cards
Rye Neck MS and HS will post all Progress Reports and Report Cards online via the Parent and Student Portals. Paper copies will not be sent home, unless a written request is received. If you need a paper copy, please email Matt Madera at email@example.com
All library databases are available 24/7. To use, go to Libraries on the Rye Neck website http://www.ryeneck.k12.ny.us and use the logins and passwords provided from school. Login/password sheets are also available in the library.
Visitors are welcome at Rye Neck High School. It is important, however, that an appointment be made first with Dr. Tina Wilson.