Daniel Warren Elementary School
Daniel Warren School Hours
8:25 a.m. Doors Open
11:50 a.m.-12:50 p.m. Lunch and Recess
2:45 p.m. Kdgn Dismissal
3:00 p.m. Gr. 1 & 2 Dismissal
The Daniel Warren School, located on Harrison Avenue, welcomes Rye Neck students to Kindergarten through Second Grade. This gateway school offers a stimulating child-centered environment with an emphasis on joyful learning. Discovery activities, direct instruction, an integrated curriculum and experiential learning are central elements of the Daniel Warren program. Highly dedicated professional staff and parents work together to ensure that the home-school partnership actively supports the success of each child. Early school years are exciting and successful ones at Daniel Warren.
Special features of the primary program at Daniel Warren include:
• Full-day Kindergarten
• Research based language arts and math programs aligned with core curriculum
• Reading and writing through the content areas
• Research skills taught, grades K-2
• Science inquiry and hands on experimentation, grades K-2
• Smartboard technology in all classrooms
• Early Intervention Reading Program for first and second graders
• Specialist Support Services in Reading, Special Education, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech/Language, English as a Second Language and Resource Room
• Art, Music, Media, and Physical Education Specialists
• Cultural Arts and Field Trip Programs that extend and enrich classroom instruction
• Panther Press Publishing Room fully staffed by volunteer parents
• Active and involved PTSA that sponsors Cultural Arts Programs, After School Clubs, and other activities.
• Stanford University Enrichment Program for Gifted Youth (Red Bird) Math Program
• Environmental/Sustainable Garden
Because the school does not operate a cafeteria, it is difficult to resolve the problem of forgotten lunches. Please ensure that your child leaves with his/her lunch every morning. Also, kindly label any lunch box or bag with your child’s name and seal it. Your child may bring a nourishing beverage (no soda) in a non-breakable container with lunch. The school offers a healthy lunch (including milk) during the week for $2.75 or milk a la carte for $.60. You will have to set up an account on myschoolbucks.com in order to purchase lunch or milk. The cost of lunch will be deducted from your child’s lunch account each time he/she gets lunch or milk. We encourage all parents to set up an account with some monies available in case of emergency. Instructions for setting up an account and replenishing it are available on our website as well. Please be aware that students will only be allowed to charge one meal if there is no money in the account. We will no longer be able to give your child a meal if they don't have food from home and do not have money in their account.
In Case of Absence:
1) Parent or Guardian is required to call the school by 9:00 a.m. each day of absence or lateness to indicate the reason for the absence/lateness.
MS/HS Attendance Office 777-4882 (24 hr. phone line)
F.E. Bellows Nurse 777-4610
Daniel Warren Nurse 777-4210
2) A note, signed by the parent or guardian, indicating the number of days absent, dates, and reason for the absence, must be brought to the teacher or homeroom teacher upon returning to school.
3) An absence from school WITHOUT a note is an UNEXCUSED ABSENCE.
Lateness: Daniel Warren & F.E. Bellows
Students must report to the School Nurse immediately upon arrival, be signed in by a parent or guardian, and receive a late pass.
Children reaching age five by December 1st are eligible to enter Kindergarten in September of that year. Registration is held in February and parents may call Dolores Ayaso, District Registration Secretary, at 777-4882, for specifics.
Visitors are welcome at Daniel Warren. It is important, however, that an appointment be made first with the main office.