School Counseling Department
Valerie Feit, Ed.D.
Co-Director of School Counseling/Enrichment
Co-Director of School Counseling/Chief Information Officer
• Important Information Regarding Working Papers
• COMMUNICATING WITH COUNSELING DEPARTMENT DURING SCHOOL CLOSURE
• Rye Neck UFSD Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program 2019-2020
• Course Catalog 2020-2021
• Focus Electives 2020-2021
• Elective Courses 2020-2021
• How to Use the Course Catalog
• New Student Survival Guide
• RULER Presentation
• Social and Emotional Learning in Rye Neck K-12
The Guidance Department receives many scholarships for Rye Neck seniors. They are posted on the Scholarship Bulletin board outside the Counseling Department office. We continually add to the list so check back often for new ones. Please see Mrs. Kane in the Counseling Department for applications or if you have any questions. Click HERE to view the current scholarships.
Scholarship searches are an important part of the college process.
This link is a valuable resource for you and your family.
Federal Student AID (FSA) and the Financial Aid Toolkit
Resources available in the Financial Aid Toolkit atFinancialAidToolkit.ed.gov/resources include:
• Outreach resources such as financial-aid-night materials, fact sheets, videos, infographics, and PowerPoint presentations;
• Suggested messages for social media in the form of tweets, Facebook posts, and blog posts;
• Information on embedding videos and infographics in your website;
• Sample articles for organization newsletters and sample e-mails; and
• FSA publications
You can also subscribe to an RSS feed to receive notification when resources are updated or are added to the website.
New York State HESC Introduces College Financial Aid Award Letter Comparison Tool
The Financial Aid Award Letter Comparison Tool helps you evaluate your financial aid packages and determine the bottom line cost – the difference between the cost of attendance and your financial aid package – for each college. To access this tool please click on College Financial Aid Award Letter Comparison Tool.
AP Credit Policy Search
Find colleges and universities that offer credit or placement for AP scores.
Click HERE for the web site.
University/College Representative Visits to Rye Neck High School
Approximately 95 Directors of Admissions and Assistant Admissions Deans are coming to the Counseling and Guidance Department. College representatives provide information and an important opportunity for students to ask questions and speak with the people who may read their applications.
Please click HERE
for a listing of the college/university visits.
Please check the portal regularly to avoid surprises, and discuss what you see with your child. If you are unsure how to use the Parent Portal, please visit this prezi to answer any questions you may have.